Polo/collared Shirts... Collar Construction??

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm by lanana

chilz822 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 6

Can you walk me through the construction of the collar?

5 replies
chilz822 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #2 of 6

anyone?

AKS Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 6

I have attached a line drawing of a polo shirt. Cut out a piece of gum paste that, when bent would be proportionate to your shirt. Fold in half the long way and roll with rolling pin enough to secure the pieces together, but still see the fold at top. Then cut the larger front part into points like on the picture attached. I would use a former and let the collar dry then place on top of shirt securing with melted choc, royal icing or b'cream. Hope I was clear enough. Good luck.
LL

lanana Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 6

I made a shirt like that and I simply took one of my 2 year old son polo shirt and tried to copy it , on the part you going to place the collar, you need to cut the cake and make a kind of collar and then shoulders and then place the collar there. check on my pics, I have a lacoste shirt there.

msmerial Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 1:57am
post #5 of 6

Lanana,

Your cake is awesome! Do you mind sharing how you did the tag and insignia?

TIA,

Mere

lanana Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 6

Hi and thank you !!

I have one of the best gadget I can have: edible ink to print on frosted sheets. I simply googled the logo and i found a pic that looks just like the one on those shirts, then I printed it, cut it and put on shirt, pretty easy!!! you can also check on the Ralph Laurent or lacoste web site so you can check design, colors, etc HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%