Nestle Powder In Mmf

Baking By MrsPound Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 6:05am by ceshell

MrsPound Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 3

The strangest question, I know.. but I have very strange dreams.. seeing as though I dreamt I did this.... Can you put the Nestle Chocolate or Strawberry drink mix (for milk) in MMF while you are incorporating the powdered sugar, or would it just not mix due to the consistency? It seems to mix well in milk with no chunks, but baking with it might be very different.

Anyone have any thoughts in that? I thought it might alter the flavor or color of it, just slightly.. a suttle color.

2 replies
Wiltonlady Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 3

Very interesting theory. Try it and let us know, please.

ceshell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 6:05am
post #3 of 3

Considering that it's mostly sugar, I'd be willing to bet it would work fine...depending on how much you use. There are a few chocolate MMF recipes floating around which use cocoa powder; I'd imagine Nestle drink mix wouldn't be all that different, or would perform even better as the sugar would just get absorbed. Also I have seen a few posts where people add strawberry Jello to their MMF in order to give themselves a head start for getting to red fondant.

Sorry the answer isn't more definitive! But I agree: let us know if you have tried it thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%