New Business Help Please

Baking By naughtyeyes_00 Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 12:18am by JanH

naughtyeyes_00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naughtyeyes_00 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 6

hi am starting a new busines but have zero experiece in doing this on a professional but I am a good cook. where I live we dont get cake mixes and I need recipes to make cakes in different sizes esp for making layered cakes. pls help. Many thanks

5 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 6

Not to be hurtful or unhelpful in the least, I'm just curious....why do you feel you are ready to start a business if you have neither experience or basic well-tested recipes? icon_confused.gif It just seems odd, you know?

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 6

Well if you are just starting out...you will need to practice with different recipes to find the ones that will work best for you and your needs. I have been working on this process for what seems like forever. I narrowed down my recipes and have been consistently using them for a while now. I practiced for several years before I opened my shop icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:11am
post #4 of 6

Another consideration is that if you don't reside in the U.S. you're probably going to have to convert all of the U.S. recipes into your baking measurements (since the typical U.S. home baker doesn't weigh ingredients).

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603444-.html

Here's a link to all the CC recipes in the Recipes section:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/

HTH

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 12:15am
post #5 of 6

I'm sorry, but if you don't have the things you mentioned not having already, then you're not ready to begin a business. It takes a LOT more to have a successful business in the food industry than being a good cook. Cooking professionally is nothing like cooking for friends/family.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%