Anyone Know How To Create An Svg For Scal?

Decorating By FlourChick Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 3:21am by Ren715

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 12

I've just recently opened a bakery and I got a call from a pretty important place that could really help me get my name out there. They want to order some cupcakes and cookies with their logo on them. It's a pretty simple logo because it's all text, with the letters being different colors. I think it's the perfect candidate to make with a cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot, both of which I have. I tried importing the logo into SCAL but only parts of the letters show up. Does anyone know how to make it a SVG so that the whole thing shows up? Please, keep any tips really really really dummy proof, computer techie I'm not!

Thank you so much!

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 12

You need to download inkscape to make it into a SVG file. The download is free.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 12

FlourChick, can you attach your original image so we can see?

charliejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliejo Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 12

This site is alot of help, atleast it helped me

http://dan99.blogspot.com/search/label/SCAL

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 12

I can also try to help you. Please email the logo and I'll see what I can do. [email protected]

FlourChick Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 12

I just downloaded inkscape but I don't see a way to import the logo into it. Was that wishful thinking that it would be that easy? Part of the reason I chose SCAL instead of the other program (I can't remember the name right now) was because I thought it eliminated the need for inkscape. Was I wrong?

Let's see if I can attach the logo...
LL

chilz822 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 12

I've got it done, PM me your email and I'll send it over
icon_smile.gif

FlourChick Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 12

Thank you so much everyone, but especially chilzz822! I was losing sleep over this because I knew it was simple enough to do that they would think I was an idiot if I couldn't do it or if I did it badly.

chilz822 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 12

YOu actually could probably even remake it yourself in scal, it looks like a pretty basic font...
I converted yours to a b&w design then converted it to svg... on it's way!
icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 12

Make The Cut software doesn't require inkscape or SVG files. I debated between the two but felt it was easier to use.

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 1:09am
post #11 of 12

Do you have edible image capabilities? You could entertain the idea of making little plaques with the scal and using edible images of the logo on them. You could cut the "plaques" with a little post/point on the bottom so after they dry, they could be used as a pick in the cupcakes. More of a three D type of look.

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:21am
post #12 of 12

Oh, didn't see that it was already done. Sorry I couldn't do it earlier but I was at a funeral. I did email it to you though, just a few minutes ago.

Better to have 2 of them than none at all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%