Duff's Cardamom And Pistachio Cake

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 7:32am by ceshell

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,

I have heard them mention several times that this is the bakery fav. Does anyone have this recipe? I'm really intrigued, love to give in a try!

Thanks!

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 6

I'm fairly certain that Duff and his baker, Adam, develop all of their cake recipes exclusively for the bakery. However, if you go to Epicurious.com, you will find several good pistachio and cardamom cake recipes. One that I've made and have had many requests for is the Persian Love Cake. (just put this recipe name in the search bar on the Epicurious website). HTH!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

do a search on here.. there is a great thread titled "gourmet flavors" and in it, some people have a google doc attached to their signature. That document has TONS of great recipes, one of which is this one. I have tried it and it is absolutel wonderful!!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:52am
post #4 of 6

Ooh I love that Epicurious pistachio cardamom cake. Be sure to choose the recipe that is, I think, "by Epicurious" rather than by Gourmet or Bon Appetit or whatever the magazine. Basically, the original recipe called for way too much butter; you can read the user feedback to see that the butter should be reduced by one stick. At some point Epicurious reposted the recipe under their own name, to reflect that change.

It's really good. I don't know if it's the same one as the Persian Love Cake prterrell just mentioned, because I am too lazy to go look it up icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 6:02am
post #5 of 6

ceshell, I know the recipe you're talking about, it's a different one (one I've been meaning to try, so glad to know it's good). The Persian Love Cake is a cardomom sponge cake, filled and iced with a saffron and rosewater whipped cream and then garnished with pistachios and candied rose petals.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 7:32am
post #6 of 6

Holy cow! That sounds amazingly exotic!

I used the whipped cream buttercream icing as it was the closest I could get to whipped cream without needing it to go in the fridge. I think I would have done IMBC but you know me, I am an IMBC-refrigerator icon_lol.gif. I finally got my hands on some Rich's Bettercreme so I may try that next time if it needs to be shelf stable (that stuff surprisingly, to me, has no aftertaste unlike Pastry Pride) so I will keep the rosewater infusion in mind. Love it! I also want to try it with macerated strawberries -- it's supposed to be fantastic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%