Help! Fbct Disaster... Due By 1Pm

Decorating By juleebug Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 10:49am by ChoueiriCakeCo

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 11

TOTAL DISASTER. This is supposed to be iCarly. I accidently used a generic brand of wax paper & it wouldn't release the FBCT onto the cake. Ripped the shoulder & hair and distorted the face when I removed the paper. Nothing I did made it any better! I am ashamed to deliver it but there's no time to make another.
LL

10 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 11

I don't think it looks nearly as bad as you think it does. I really don't see the imperfections.

I have problems like that with fbct sometimes. I just pipe a little extra icing on where the mistake is, smooth it with my fingers, and when it crusts I do the VIVA rub over top of it.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 11

I think it looks fine too... Maybe add a bottom border to draw the attention away from the imperfections you see?

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 11

It's fine!! Just remember that cake muggles don't notice these things. My iCarly fanatic niece would love it!

I have a hard time dealing with imperfections too.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 11

it's fine.... nothing to be ashamed about.... icon_smile.gif good job

juleebug Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

I think it looks fine too... Maybe add a bottom border to draw the attention away from the imperfections you see?

I only put on a top border because I ran out of pink and made a second color for the sides. The child is an Insulin-dependent diabetic. Diagnosed at 17 months & has had implanted insulin pump since age 2. I left off the bottom border to try to keep the carb count down and use the least amount of icing possible. But I guess a bottom border wouldn't add that many more carbs/serving. (I feel like the "cake gods" were against me yesterday.)

This is what I've managed to fix so far...
LL

juleebug Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:12pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and encouragement! I just feel defeated by this cake.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 11

I really think it is a nice cake! Your icing is smooth, your border is pretty, and your FBCT came out about 100x better than any I've ever done! I don't think it can hurt to add a border. The mom will be the one who determines how much sugar the little girl gets anyway. Good luck, and I think you are over thinking it. It's a nice cake, and cake muggles don't see the same things we do! (But again, I don't see any problems with your FBCT)

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:31pm
post #9 of 11

seriously? icon_confused.gif

do you know how many of us wish we were this talented? That cake looks great to me.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 11

My 7 year old immediately said it was ICarly! thumbs_up.gif You know kids will ALWAYS tell you the truth! icon_biggrin.gif Good Job! We are always our own worst critics.

ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:49am
post #11 of 11

I can honestly say that I don't see even one thing wrong with this cake. It looks lovely and you did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%