Wedding Cake Design Pro

Decorating By valcomer Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 3:19am by lanana

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 8

hello, does anyone have a positive experience with this software? Wedding Cake Design Pro...i just received my cd-rom in the mail. Does anyone that has it know where the serial number is located?...i got no package insert and its not in any files on the cd...its worthless and cant run without it...i tried contacting the company for 3 days now and no response...they have no email...only a contact us page on their website...and they have no phone number...has anyone had this experience yet with this company?...all this trouble, 80.00 plus dollars out,and i dont even know if the software is good enough to use for cake design yet...uuuhhhh

7 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 8

can you download it to to music media play, or go into control panel and add new hardware.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

my kodak printer did's have a cd either, something new i guess

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 8

thumbsdown.gif in my opinion.

i found out the hard way of course.. bought it from the site & downloaded it (no cd's)

it is quite limited.. the colors aren't customizable in my experience.. so even something as simple as 'burgundy' won't happen...

of course this was a bit over a year ago.. so maybe they revamped..

i actually made the decision last night to buy an older refurbished tablet pc so I can utilize the ability to draw sketches on the computer.. (check out tiger direct-- mine was around $300) *the screen is literally falling off my laptop now, so i NEED a new computer anyway!*

check out the program ArtRage -- i downloaded a trial and i think when paired with a tablet, it will be great!

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

also-- the cakes are not at all what is 'the rage' now.. no ability to mock up something custom.. it's mainly florals & such.
i need fondant balls and flames and things that sparkle, lol!

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:18am
post #6 of 8

wedding cake design pro company finally supplied me with a serial number after a week of contanst emailing them..then i go to use it and it was wrong...it wont accept the code and still wont work...BUYER BEWARE!!! i havent been able to use the software i bought weeks ago for 80 plus bucks but i have heard from almost everyone that used it that it is a piece of crap...i went to the BBB online to file a complaint with the business topplestone and saw they already had previos complaints already...watch out.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:34am
post #7 of 8

I bought it last summer (downloaded from the website) and knew right away what a piece of garbage it is. It bogged my laptop down and would just freeze it up. I emailed them and the only thing they said was to send them my computer specs and they would see what was happening. I didn't bother. They won't do anything.

The only thing I use it for is to create the cake shape and tiers and save it as a .jpg and then open it in Photoshop and can color and create designs for my cakes. Sometimes I use some of the decorations, but very often.

What a real disappointment icon_sad.gif

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 3:19am
post #8 of 8

i just bought it and I must say is just a piece of crap!!!! don't get this software!!! it wont work, i am totally disappointed, It simply doesn't work. I truly believe i just waited my money

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%