Has Any One Ever Used A Circuit To Cut Things?

Decorating By rowingmom Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 10:23pm by Ivy383

rowingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowingmom Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 8

I have heard rumours that you can use the circuit machine to cut fondant out. Doesn't it gum up the machine? I am to scared to try it and ruin an expensive machine. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Karen-Irl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen-Irl Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 8

Be prepared for a long read! http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=639855&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
I think there is 38 pages in this topic alone and there's loads more here in the forums too.

I'm only getting started with this so I haven't actually cut anything yet , not that you could show anyone anyway icon_redface.gif

Good Luck

K

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 8

I tried once with my Cricut Expressions. It will get the job done after trial and error. I lost my patience a few times. Now they came out with the Cricut Cake! I went to a Cricut Cake work shop in New Jersey last weekend and let me tell you that the machine is great. I will be placing my order next week for one. With the Cricut Cake out I will not try cutting gumpaste or fondant with the Expressions again. I learned alot from the threads on this forum. Good luck icon_smile.gif

rowingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowingmom Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks much for taking the time and pointing me in the right direction.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 8

You can get the cricut cake at a discount until 3/31/10 at www.cutncrop.com. Use discount code "cake"

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 8

Tiggy does this one let you hook up to the computer and let you used scanned images also?

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 8

You can get it for 295.00 at jujubeesscrapbookcorner.com.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

Tiggy does this one let you hook up to the computer and let you used scanned images also?

Yes it does icon_biggrin.gif There are a some programs out there that you can use to do so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%