How Do I Make The Scrollwork On This Cake??

Decorating By CorinasConfections Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 5:52am by robyndmy

CorinasConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CorinasConfections Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!

I have attached a pic of the cake my client wants me to replicate. But I would love to pick some brains on ideas. icon_smile.gif

The intricate scrollwork appears heavy and has a shadow behind it so I would love to know what it is made of. My guess is that the design was piped on a template and then added to the cake. But what is the piping made of? White chocolate? Any ideas?
Thanks!!

-Corina
LL
LL

7 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 8

This cake is in the most recent Martha stewart magazine, which includes the templates (or instrux on where to find them, can't remember now). I'm pretty confident she said she simply used royal icing to trace the pattern then transferred the whole design to the cake.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 8

Jay Qualls, owner of maplesweddingcakes.com, did this cake. If you email him, he might give you the answers on how he did it.. icon_biggrin.gif

CorinasConfections Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you soooo much for your quick and helpful responses!! icon_smile.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 8

That's one gorgeous cake!!! Please post a photo of yours to this thread when you're done -- I can't wait to see it. icon_smile.gif

CorinasConfections Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 8

Will do! icon_smile.gif The client only wants a 4 tier with a darker pink and gold scrollwork. I'll definitely post a pic!

afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #7 of 8

Hi Corinas, here is a link to that cake from Martha Stewart. It has templates and instructions. http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/filigree-heart-wedding-cake-how-to
Hope this helps!

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:52am
post #8 of 8

Oh wow, that's beautiful!! Thanks so much for the info and links, and to the OP for posting this gorgeous cake icon_smile.gif CorinasConfections, I would also love to see photos of your cake, along with tips you find along the way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%