Should Probably Be Under Cake Disasters...

Decorating By alewop Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 7:20pm by mamawrobin

alewop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alewop Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 6:34am
post #1 of 8

so i've tried for two days to cover a 3 teir wedding cake in fondant to no success. Now it's 3 am almost and I have to have this cake delivered by 11 am. I'm now just doing buttercream but im horrible at getting it to look good. does any one have a cute and EASY idea to make the frosting look good???

7 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 6:47am
post #2 of 8

What kind of buttercream are you using?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:43am
post #3 of 8

I hope you found the solution! I'm off to bed.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:59am
post #4 of 8

I hope you have as well. I've been watching to see if you posted anything else. Hope all worked out for you. Be sure to post pictures. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 11:19am
post #5 of 8

Hope all turned out good for you... I was also up until 3 or 4 am working on a cake due today.... I wanted to scream lol

I said that this would NEVER happen again and here wer are lol staying up until 3-4 the day of finishing a cake.... we never learn...

Keep us updated....

alewop Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 8

I'm taking the laptop with me on my 6 hr drive...so I will post some pics and stuff asap because I really want you guys opinion before the bride sees it.....I"m so afraid she is going to hate it b/c she was expecting something totally different (fondant.) oh well...post more later icon_smile.gif gotta run!!!!

alewop Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 8

oh and hope your cake went/goes great too dalisforjoe! icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 8

Ok, I am a little confused icon_confused.gif You said in your first post that it was "3 a.m." and that the cake "had to be delivered by 11 a.m." Then in another post you said you had a "6 hour drive". icon_confused.gif

Anyway icon_lol.gif How did everything turn out for you? Still waiting on pictures. I hope the bride liked her cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%