Help!.. Giraffe's Legs Snapped Off! Cake Due Tmo!

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm by jammjenks

dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 10

I did all the part for this giraffe 3 days ago.... added dry pasta as support in all of them.... tonite I was gluing the part and when I was gluin gthe neck.... 2 of the legs snapped off (the paste that was holding each leg to the body.... now I don't know what to do?!?!?!?!

this was a favor for a friend (last minute party) and I had from wed. night until tmo to do this... now I don't know what/how to fix it or if i need to just make something else icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I know this is THE ONLY place were someone can help me.... pleaseeee

Crying, Waiting, Thanking you in advance.... icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

9 replies
jammjenks Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:59am
post #2 of 10

Do you have any candy melts?

How will the giraffe be applied? Can it be sitting where the legs don't have to be dry?

dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 3:01am
post #3 of 10

yeah I can sit it... I will have to make new legs cause the ones I have now are dried in a standing position.... maybesitting the giraffe like with all her legs coming from under it?

I DO HAVE candy melts!!

AnotherCreation Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #4 of 10

I recently made a giraffe and made it out of modeling chocolate with candy melts. The set up time is a lot quicker and the legs attach better because the legs "mold" to the chocolate. I have a pic up loaded if you want to look

jammjenks Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #5 of 10

Try the candy melts. They'll hold just about anything together!

dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 3:54am
post #6 of 10

i'm going to melt some and try using that as glue.... thanks a bunch!

dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 4:55am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Try the candy melts. They'll hold just about anything together!

I tell you something..... just when you think you know everything.... just when you think there is no way THIS can be fixed.... along comes a G_E_N_I_U_S like you and rescues me...

Worked like a charm AND I had yellow candy melts (that's the color I did the giraffe)

Thanks Sooooooooo Muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you saved my day... the thought of having to start over was killing me (poor DH & Kids.... I took it out on them)

I dislike when I am having a problem ro doing something that's hard for me to achieve..... I treat the kids and DH all bad icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif ... I snap at them icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif .... talk sarcastically, etc... then I feel so so so so guilty icon_cry.gif but I still do it... that is NOT GOOD!! thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

sorry... need it to vent....

again thanks a million trizillion times!!!!
Have a Blessed Day/Night... thumbs_up.gif

LeckieAnne Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 5:28am
post #8 of 10

Glad it worked out! Maybe you can apologize to DH and kids with pancakes and kisses in the morning??

dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 6:27am
post #9 of 10

lol sound like a plan.... I might even get fancy and make them with my heart shape cutter hehehehe....

jammjenks Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 10

I'm glad it worked for you. How great that you happened to have yellow candy melts too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%