Mmf Vs. Ri

Baking By Cara425 Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 12:22am by Win

Cara425 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All icon_surprised.gif)

I've been baking and decorating cookies for a few years now and have always used the RI technique. People rave about my work and love my cookies.

I started using MMF after I took Wilton Cake Decorating classes and fell in love with the ease and quickness of decorating to packaging.

Today a co-worker told me that my cookies started to have a more dry texture after I started using the fondant.

I'm still relatively cluessless to fondant and the results it has on final products. Can fondant dry out cookies? Or maybe my scratch fondant skills aren't up to par yet and I am making it too dry?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

3 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 4

I LOVE fondant on cookies! I don't like it on cakes tho... I've never had it change my cookie texture/moistness before.

Cara425 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 4

I love it on cookies too. It gives it such a cleaner look. Maybe I made the fondant too dry on accident? icon_cool.gif

Win Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 12:22am
post #4 of 4

Hmmm... I've never heard that one before. I truly admire those who use RI and don't feel I have ever had the patience it requires to make the cookie so intricate; hence my use of fondant on them instead. I have never had any issues with the cookie drying out. Even on a cake, the fondant acts like a cupboard and keeps the moisture in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%