How To Bake A Pound Cake, Bundt-Pan Size, With Regular Pan??

Decorating By GinnyK Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm by deah

GinnyK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinnyK Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hiya and Help: I want to make a sour cream pound cake in what was billed as a bundt pan when I bought it, but isn't the traditional bundt shape. It's a deeplu incised sunflower-like shape, maybe 3 inches high, and it doesn't have that center post like a bundt pan does.

All the recipes (I think I'm going to use Paula Dean's Grandmother's recipe) say use a bundt or tube pan -- I imagine so that the center gets baked.
When I bake cakes, I use (homemade -- want to know how to do them? Easy, cheap!) cake leveling strips that work fine. Is that enough to get the center of the pound cake baked?

Would it be better if I used the flower nail technique I've read about but haven't tried yet?

Any input welcome! Thanks --
GinnyKay

2 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 3

i've made paula's pound cake recipe in 8" rounds and the center baked fine. I used wilton's bake strips, no flower nail. the only unfortunate thing is the center top crust sometimes rises higher than the cake and gets a little crispy...least that was my experience.

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 3

I used Paula's recipe and baked the entire recipe in 1 -12" round pan. Used baking strips and 1 nail in the center. Worked perfectly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%