Magic Eraser Shredding Issues

Lounge By mellormom Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 5:15am by cheatize

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 12

Any one figured out how to keep them from shredding so quickly? They work great but if they are not going to last long they aren't worth it. Hmmm.......
Jen...

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 12

use lighter pressure!

save a lot sells some generic magic erasers that work just as well.....3pack for $1

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 12

It's not a sponge, its made of the cleaner - kind of. So it disappears as you use it, nature of the beast. Amazing product and still worth it icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 12

I use the Target brand. Exact same product, cheaper price. They still shred though icon_rolleyes.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:29am
post #5 of 12

I save them for things that other cleaners won't get up, mostly marks on the walls and trim. They're too expensive to use for everyday cleaning.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #6 of 12

LOL, I do what the others do to combat the shredding: Buy generic ones icon_biggrin.gif. And I also do what prterrell does, which is only use when absolutely needed. LOVE those things. I saved us hundreds of dollars on repainting fees when moving out of a rental home, by simply Magic Erasering all of the scuff marks off of the walls.

mellormom Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 12

thanks guys. icon_smile.gif I'll try the off brand. icon_smile.gif
I love them for trim too! It takes half the time to do the trim!
This post makes it sound like I actually clean but..... LOL
When I do clean though I love them!
Jen...

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

This post makes it sound like I actually clean but..... LOL When I do clean though I love them!
Jen...

Haha, I know the feeling. Most of the time they sit in my cabinet. Last time I used them was when I was moving out of a place. Unless I am moving out of a place, most of those scuffs just become invisible over time...I mean...invisible to ME. icon_redface.gif

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #9 of 12

My friend learned the hard way that you're not supposed to wash out paintbrushes in your bathtub -- but she was able to get her primer-covered bathtub clean with a Magic Eraser. Those things are great!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:41am
post #10 of 12

I sort of scraped my car against a telephone pole when I had parked on the street, so I had this combo of paint/ telephone pole gunk on my car. I got a quote from the car place which was about $1700 to repair! Hayell NO!!! I got a magic eraser and some window cleaner and buffed it out in about 20 mins (i used the entire thing). There's still a small dent..but not anything where I need to pay money to get it repaired. I took pics too of the before/ after because I was going to write them a testimonial. Never got around to it though.

mellormom Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:19pm
post #11 of 12

Nice! It's great when you make a discovery like that!
Jen...

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 5:15am
post #12 of 12

Works great on spats, too- for those of us with band kids. The next step if that doesn't work is nail polish remover from what my daughter tells me; so it must work pretty darn good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%