Chuckle Of The Day

Lounge By cai0311 Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm by KHalstead

cai0311 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 4

Now, I am not putting down anyone that gets government assistance. There is nothing wrong with getting a helping hand when needed.

That being said:
I got a call today from a woman that was really hard to understand on the phone. I had to have her repeat herself 3 times before I understood her question. The conversation went like this...

Me: Hello, this is C-
Woman: (mumbling)
Me: What was that?
Woman: (mumbling)
Me: Could you say that again?
Woman: (still mumbling, but not as bad) Do you take food stamps as payment?
Me: Sorry, no.
Woman: But I have alot.
Me: No.
"Click"

I have a licensed home bakery that I do cakes in on the side. Besides, (and I could be wrong) I don't think custom cakes is something that chain grocery stores allow to be purchased with food stamps.

In any case, it made me chuckle.

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 4

wal-mart allows wedding cakes to be purchased with them, which is probably why this woman asked!

cai0311 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 4

I see. I didn't know Wal-Mart allowed that.

No offense to anyone, but if someone is on food stamps, maybe purchasing a custom cake isn't the best financial decision that could be made. If I couldn't afford my everyday groceries, I wouldn't dream of splurging on something like that.

Just my 2 cents.

KHalstead Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

It isn't so much the "custom cake" thing that urks me about wal-mart/state of Ohio allowing people to use the food stamp cards for wedding cakes..........it's the fact that the food stamps are meant for that person's family.......not to feed 100 of your closest and dearest friends!!!!

I think that is definitely misusing the system to say the least. I have no problem with someone using a food stamp card to purchase a ready made cake to have after dinner one night with their immediate family, but it's not meant to feed EVERYONE you know.......it's to help the immediate family (mom, dad, and kids) that are struggling to afford basic necessities!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%