Italian Creme Cake

Decorating By linarez Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 4:26pm by bobwonderbuns

linarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linarez Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 9

Needing to make a wedding cake...Does anyone know if I can buy italian creme cake in a box ...or if i have to make it ..and if so... does anyone know of a great recipe for it?? Thanks

8 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 9

Go to the recipes tab here, look at the categories to the left and hit "Italian". There are several to choose from.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 9

No there isn't a box mix for it. I believe it would be like a white cake with coconut and pecans added. I've made a doctored mix for it once, but didn't remember exactly what I did.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 9

Pillsbury makes a Butter Pecan box mix. i think with some flaked coconut and chopped pecans added and homemade frosting it would make an excellent Italian Cream cake. I've been wanting to try the WASC variation on it and see what i get.

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 9
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 9

I made this one and it was a hit and when I say hit, I mean A HIT!!! People are still asking me about it today and it was 2 yrs ago.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7372/amazing-italian-cream-cake

It's yummyicon_smile.gif

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 9

I got a great recipe off of here. It's just using your enhanced butter cake recipe and add a can of coconut pecan frosting. It sounds too good to be true but it is divine with cream cheese icing!!!!!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #8 of 9

My husband (yes he cooks) makes a cake that is a great "box mix" italian cream.
White cake mix
coconut flavor
almond flavor
pecans
coconut flakes

For the icing he uses a buttercream recipe withvanilla, coconut and almond flavor (just a little), a tad of cream cheese, pecans and coconut flakes. Not very pretty icing, but yummmmmmm good. People went nuts over his cake! LOL

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 9

I'm really going to have to try this Italian Creme cake -- I keep hearing about it and it sounds divine! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%