Help With A Cake Design....

Decorating By mslesuer Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 11:20pm by Sara789

mslesuer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a cake for a wonderful 90yr old gentleman...but I don't have any new ideas. He is very low key and somewhat traditional....any info would be much appreciated!
TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
lynndy-lou Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

You could look at things that were around in the year he was born

mama2_3 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 7

What about (excuse the terminology) an "old man" hat? What are they called? A fedora? Or a cardigan cake? Wingtip shoes? Rocking chair?

Eisskween Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2_3

What about (excuse the terminology) an "old man" hat? What are they called? A fedora? Or a cardigan cake? Wingtip shoes? Rocking chair?

Fedora

Tclanton Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 7

I think I would possibly reach back to the year he was born - incoporate some ideas from that year and then the other portion of the cake bring in the current year. Maybe compare a ford truck? Or you could go with the facts of the month he was born in. (example - April's flower is the daisy or sweet pea) And yes, most men arent into flowers, but you may can find something else that is a little more manly.

Jaimelt76 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 7

What about a road of life cake. Start at his birth and go all the way up to today. Their are many wonderful ones in the galleries. Good Luck.

Sara789 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 7

This is more general...Cakes I make for men usually have symmetrical patterns done in darker colors; repudiative patterns of circles or squares and browns and blues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%