Help With A Cake Design....

Decorating By mslesuer Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 11:20pm by Sara789

mslesuer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mslesuer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a cake for a wonderful 90yr old gentleman...but I don't have any new ideas. He is very low key and somewhat traditional....any info would be much appreciated!
TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
lynndy-lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

You could look at things that were around in the year he was born

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 7

What about (excuse the terminology) an "old man" hat? What are they called? A fedora? Or a cardigan cake? Wingtip shoes? Rocking chair?

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2_3

What about (excuse the terminology) an "old man" hat? What are they called? A fedora? Or a cardigan cake? Wingtip shoes? Rocking chair?

Fedora

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 7

I think I would possibly reach back to the year he was born - incoporate some ideas from that year and then the other portion of the cake bring in the current year. Maybe compare a ford truck? Or you could go with the facts of the month he was born in. (example - April's flower is the daisy or sweet pea) And yes, most men arent into flowers, but you may can find something else that is a little more manly.

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 7

What about a road of life cake. Start at his birth and go all the way up to today. Their are many wonderful ones in the galleries. Good Luck.

Sara789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara789 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 7

This is more general...Cakes I make for men usually have symmetrical patterns done in darker colors; repudiative patterns of circles or squares and browns and blues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%