Satin Ice Or Fondarific? Help......

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm by ArtieTs

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone icon_biggrin.gif This goes out to all the fondant pros I guess, but can anyone make a recommendation as to the better fondant to use out of Fondarific or Satin Ice? I need to use alot of black fondant so I'm gonna just buy it instead of making & I have no time to waste getting the wrong one. I've used Satin Ice before but was wondering if Fondarific is better for covering an entire cake. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

3 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 4

I just covered a cake with black fondant from Fondarific (the black cake with a gold crown in my pictures). It was wonderful. I tend to have problems getting fondant rolled thin, but the fondant was really soft and was a breeze to roll. I am not the fastest decorator, but the Fondarific fondant stayed soft while covering the cake, so I didn't have to hurry and it never cracked - not once!!

I also prefer the taste of Fondarific over Satin Ice. Personally, I don't think Satin Ice tastes much better than Wilton brand.

I usually make MMF, but I think from here on out I will be buying Fondarific for all my fondant cakes.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

I too love fondarific. I have never covered a cake in black but use it for accents and such because making black sucks! But I have covered cakes in fondarific white. I love how it tastes and it is super easy to work with. I have never tried satin ice so I can't really say how it compares.

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the info.Fondarific it is! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%