Fondant And Cream Cheese Filling?

Decorating By ToniMarieLovesCuppies Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm by ToniMarieLovesCuppies

ToniMarieLovesCuppies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniMarieLovesCuppies Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I'm planning on making a birthday cake frosted in buttercream and covered in fondant. The only thing is, I'd like to use a cream cheese filling, and I know you can't refrigerate fondant. Is there any way I can leave the cake out, or is there another filling that I could use to counteract all the sweetness? The cake is going to be white with red flower accents. Thanks! princess.gif

-Toni Marie

4 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

Lots of people refrigerate fondant without a problem. (I haven't tried it) When you take it out it will sweat, but just don't touch it until all the condensation evaporates. Hope that helps. Welcome to CC!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto that. You CAN refrigerate fondant. Use the cream cheese filling and enjoy your cake!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 5

just make sure to dam the filling b/c cream cheese contains an enzyme that eats at fondant..

sorry to hijack...BUT........let's say you refrigerate, then have to finish decorating after the fondant dries off...so what if that takes hours..and then you deliver it and it sits for another couple hours before eating it? How long exactly can you leave the cake out of the fridge??

ToniMarieLovesCuppies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToniMarieLovesCuppies Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing...the party will probably be at 2:00, but we won't be eating cake until after 6:00 maybe...should it be okay if I take it out maybe around noon?

-Toni Marie princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%