40Mins And Still Gooey **updated With Another Question**

Decorating By MissButterflyKissez Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 12:47pm by cakeandpartygirl

MissButterflyKissez Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:22am
post #1 of 8

Cooling it down, best way. open air or wrapped and in fridge??

Using the WASC recipe...

Any idea's.

7 replies
mama2_3 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #2 of 8

Can you explain better what your question is? I'm not sure I understand.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 8

It takes longer to cook

MissButterflyKissez Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 8

Thanks girls.

Yep realized it took longer now. about an hour all up.

prterrell Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:11am
post #5 of 8

Don't cool a cake in the fridge! NEVER stick something hot in the fridge! It brings the temp in the fridge down into the "danger zone" where bad things like to grow. Put the cake on a cooling rack and let it cool out on the counter for about an hour.

MissButterflyKissez Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:21am
post #6 of 8

Hmm, odd then... I get conflicting answers to that question. I know so many people who always put theirs to cool in the fridge.

I have never done it yet so guess I won't be now lol

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:38am
post #7 of 8

All I can say is that I went to culinary school, and have taken several food safety courses and they all said the same thing. Never put a hot item in a cooler. It will raise the temp in the cooler. Always chill before putting in the cooler.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 8

I'm sorry but the people that told you to cool a cake in the refrigerator have been mistaken for the answers that have already been given. Maybe perhaps they were talking about putting it in the refrigerator at another step like in preparation for putting on fondant which is after the cake has already cooled.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%