Do You Think...

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 27 Mar 2010 , 9:13am by jayne1873

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a lemon cake and covering it in white choc. ganache. I want to use a raspberry filling - but since the cake is going to be 3 - 6"x2" cakes plus a sports ball on top of that I am worried that the raspberry preserves would be too slippery. Do you think it will?
Or I was thinking of whipping some of the white choc. ganache and mixing in some of the raspberry preserves.....anyone done this? Will it work?
I don't want the cake to have to be in the fridge so I am just looking for options/ideas...
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:19am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure about mixing anything in with ganache. Maybe you can I don't know. I like SMBC (I use the Well Dressed Cake receipe from this site) mixed with 1/3 cup raspberry puree and 1/3 cup melted white chocolate for filling on chocolate. That would probably be good with lemon as well. Just an idea and it is so yummy I can eat it straight from the bowl.

jadedlogic Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for that idea! Sounds really good, does it have to be kept in the fridge?

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:50am
post #4 of 8

SMBC needs to be kept in a cool place at least. I usually refrigerate mine. Will you be covering in fondant?

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 8

When I make my white chocolate with raspberry. I split my 2-2" cakes into 4 layers and never had a problem with the seedless raspberry jam slipping. I just make sure I have a stiff dam around the edge. They are usually 8" with buttercream icing but I've even put a 6" on top and it was fine.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:06am
post #6 of 8

I whiped seedless raspberry jam in bettercream and filled a lemon cake and it was delicious, and no need to refrigerate.

jadedlogic Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #7 of 8

I'm really jealous about this bettercreme - I can't find it here. Thanks everyone for the ideas - I will try with the raspberry and see how it works out. icon_smile.gif

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:13am
post #8 of 8

There is a recipe on here for White Choc strawberry ganache and she uses jello in it and says you could use raspberry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%