Recipe For Wonder Mold

Baking By lujauna Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 11:22pm by lujauna

lujauna Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know what recipe to use for the wonder mold cake pan. I used a doctored version of a cake mix. I baked it at 350 degrees. I took over an hour to bake and the inside was not done but the outer edges were cracked and way to done. Should I just use a cake mix and not doctor it? Also how full should the pan be. Maybe that was my problem. I am making a Barbie Cake with the wonder Mold being the skirt.

5 replies
prterrell Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 6

Any cake recipe will do. I haven't made one in a long time, so I don't remember how full it should be, but it should have directions with it on that. I would bake it at 325 instead.

pat-a-cakes Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

I have made a few of these with the wonder mould pan recently and have just used a standard box cake mix at 350 and it takes around an hour. It doesn't rise up quite to the top of the pan but I have only ever needed to trim a tiny bit to level it. Make sure you hace the heating rod in the centre or it will not cook properly though. Good luck.

lujauna Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 6

Oh I did mean I baked it at 325 degrees, I'm sorry. I did put the rod in the middle. When making the doctored version of the cake I added flour, cocoa, sour cream, sugar, pudding mix and oil. Maybe it was to heavy when I added the extra ingredients. I will try just a box cake mix this time. I have had this wonder mold for years so I didn't have any directions with it. I went to Wiltons sight and kind of went by theirs. It said to bake it at 350 but I thought with it being so heavy I should lower the temperature of the oven. Thank you both for replying to my question. I do appreciate it.

7yyrt Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 6

stephanie214 told me to use 1 1/2 recipes (cake mixes), and bake at 325 degrees for about an hour and a half.
That works very well for me. My avatar was baked in the wonder mold.

lujauna Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 6

Ok thanks. I am going to try it again with just a cake mix not doctored.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%