Trouble With Overlapping Fondant!!!

Decorating By CAKE_NEWBIE Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm by CAKE_NEWBIE

CAKE_NEWBIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

HEY GUYS,

I AM NEW TO USING FONDANT. I HAVE DONE 4 CAKES WITH IT SO FAR AND EACH TIME THE SAME THING HAPPENS. I ROLL THE FONDANT OUT NICE AND THIN NO PROBLEM, ITS NOT DRY OR ANYTHING, THEN I PUT IT ON THE CAKE AND I START TO SMOOTH IT ON USING MY HAND AND THE FONDANT SMOOTHER. i START AT ONE END AND EVERYTHING IS FINE UNTIL I GET TO THE END AND ITS LIKE THE FONDANT OVER LAPS AND LEAVES AN UGLY CREASE OR I TRY TO CUT AWAY THE EXTRA FONDANT AND PIECE THE 2 SEAMS TOGETHER AND IT EITHER LEAVES HOLE OR A MESSED UP SPOT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I ROLL OUT ENOUGH TO COVER THE CAKE BUT IT SEEMS TO NEVER END UP LAYING CORRECTLY ONCE I START SMOOTHING IT ON THE CAKE.

HELP!!!! SO FRUSTRATED!!!

5 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 6

First of all please remember to use a mixture of caps and small letters when typing (unless you are shouting the question) icon_lol.gif

You should work your way around the cake exually, pulling the fondant so that it sits snuggly on the cake rather than working from one end to the other. A good way to learn is to watch a few tutorials on you tube and wonderhowto.com you will be able to see how to cover any shape with out getting the crease. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 6

sorry for the all caps im at work and the program i work with requires me to write in all caps and I forgot to take it off before I started typing. Nothing ment by it icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

Scrummymummy you crack me up icon_razz.gif

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 6

I never imagined you ment anything by it but some people might think you are being rude icon_lol.gif

here is the link to the how to site that will help

http://www.wonderhowto.com/search/how-to-cover-a-round-cake-with-fondant/

CAKE_NEWBIE Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%