How To Luster Dust A Bow

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 1:46am by kelleym

chrissypie Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

Hiya,

I want to luster dust a bow with a very pretty pink pearl dust I have. The problem is, when I have dusted thing in the past, it looks streaky. Is there a technique to this to keep it from looking streaky?? I hear some people use Everclear and the dust. Can Vodka be used instead, I do not have Everclear? Also, do you mix the two together? Can someone explain. Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Christine

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

I like to dry dust the gumpaste when it's soft, roll, cut a strip, run the luster dust over it with a clean blush brush and then fold into a loop for a bow.

If your bow is already made, try dry dusting it still you won't have any streaking at all!

Sara789 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 6

I mix the dust with some vodka until it's the consistency of paint. Then I apply it with a sponge. Full coverage and no streaks!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

If your bow is already made, try dry dusting it still you won't have any streaking at all!

This is how I dust my bows.

chrissypie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:31am
post #5 of 6

K, thanks guys!

kelleym Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #6 of 6

I use a large cosmetics brush that is only used for cake, and dry dust. You can see photos on the Fondant Bow Tutorial under 'Cake Stuff' on the cakeboss web site. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%