Help! Substitute For Grass Tip

Decorating By DEANCROTALID Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm by DEANCROTALID

DEANCROTALID Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEANCROTALID Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everybody, I am new to the site and to serious decorating. I am making a Dora cake for my daughters birthday and can't find my grass tip!! What would be the next best tip to use for the same effect? or would it be worth it to RUN out and get a new one? thanks

6 replies
kandyc10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandyc10 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

In my opinion, if it's possible, I would run out and get a new one. Your end result is worth it. Good luck

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 7

I would also go try to find one. I know our local Walmart sells them. The only other thing if that isn't really an option for you is to make a TON of little pieces of "grass" with a 3-4 tip. That would take way longer than driving a couple hours to find one though icon_wink.gif (Maybe you know someone that has decorated a cake before that might have one to borrow??)

DEANCROTALID Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the advice... off the Michaels I go!!

CAKESABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESABC Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 7

If you are in my town, I'll loan it to you!

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 7

I cant find a grass tip anywhere in the U.K and no one seems to know what im after. so i make my grass in different ways, painting, piping with a thin round nozzle and making tiny cone shapes from fondant. it does take forever though. im working on a grass cake now and would kill for a wilton grass tip!! good luck

DEANCROTALID Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 7

Again, thank you everybody, I did try with several different tips.....nothing works as well as the grass tip though...go figure icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%