Funfetti Type Recipe?

Baking By weidertm24 Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm by weidertm24

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 7

What would be a good white cake recipe to use for a funfetti tasting cake? I was thinking of just a white cake recipe and adding some sprinkles for the confetti affect.

I will be using this for a topsy turvy cake.

Or is there anything I can do with the box mix that will make it more durable and not so crumbly.

Thanks!

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 7

i wouldnt use a regular box mix for a topsy turvy (i think thats what your planning?) - you need quite a sturdy cake that will stand up to being carved. look for the original wasc recipe, it is a bit more sturdy, but i dont know how good it is for carving. personally, my next topsy turvey will be either maderia or pound cake.
but for the funfetti cake, i would just chuck some sprinkles into the batter!
xx

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 7

Add a 3.4oz (small box) of pudding and an extra egg to what is called for on the back of the box.

weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 7

when adding the pudding, do you just add the powder?

Thanks.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 7

yep, just add the powder when you mix up the cake mix!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 7

The best tasting, most moist cake I've done with a 'funfetti' look was to use Betty Crocker French vanilla cake mix with a little less than a teaspoon of Cream Bouquet (a wonderful cake emulsion that you can buy online or in specialty cake supply stores). You would not believe what that does to the flavor...no one knows it's a box cake. We used this cake for wedding cakes, carved cakes and topsy-turvy and it stands up nicely. To make it funfetti, take multi-colored sprinkles and toss them with a very small bit of the cake mix so they will not clump or sink in the cake. Very yummy with buttercream frosting.

weidertm24 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 7

thanks everybody.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%