What do you think of this fondant?
Taste/texture/how it handles?
I've read some good things and some bad. Looking to get some more thoughts on this brand of fondant.
has anyone used this?
I love using it and it's all I use now. I started off making my own, didn't like the inconsistencies, switched to Satin Ice, didn't like the inconsistencies, then my local cake shop started carrying Fondarific. You can order 6 samples on their website - you can choose the flavors, though my family prefer the buttercream flavor.
would you use buttercream on a chocolate cake? Will it taste good?
Im not a fan of chocolate cake but i am making one for my boyfriends birthday.
I tried Fondarific on some cupcakes I made recently. The taste was fine, but what I really liked was how easy it was to handle. If I was going to put it on a chocolate cake I would put dark chocolate ganache between the cake and the fondant.
I have been using fondarific for years now. I have many pales of it in my cake decorating place of business. I love it . It works and handles well. The people seem to love the taste of it, more then any other fondant I have ever used. Plus it comes in so many colors and great flavors, like the new coffee taste.GREAT!!! Good luck
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to try this.
It is an awesome product. Here's why:
1) Numerous flavors. Would recommend the vanilla, buttercream, or chocolate for covering cakes. However, the watermelon flavor, I've heard, is also good enough as a cake covering.
2) Although higher-priced than other brands, you end up using less per cake because you can roll it out thinner than others.
3) It's self-healing makes it great to work with and you don't need to re-roll if you should tear it while placing on a cake.
4) Did I mention the flavors???!!!! I have had customers eat the entire cake (yes, the fondant, too) and loved every bit of it.
5) Lois & Laura are awesome to deal with. They built the business from the ground up and are willing to listen to their customer base for suggestions for future product.
6) Did I mention the flavors? LOL