First Wedding Cake Due Saturday!

Decorating By tsal Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 12:54am by katies_cakes

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 15

Hi,

I'm doing a wedding cake for Saturday. It's my first, so I'm going to be able to use my pearl border mold and this will be my first venture into gum paste roses. I've watched Edna's tutorials and she makes it look do-able! This is so exciting! The bride is a friend of the family who does not have money for a cake, so there is no pressure since I'm only charging her my materials. If it sucks, she can't get upset! LOL!

Wish me luck. I will post pics of course!

T

14 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 15

wishing you luck! Can't wait to see the pics I'm sure you'll do great!

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 15

Remember you can make the roses now!! The fewer things you have to do Saturday the better. Good luck and we always want to see the pics!!! (Congrats to you too) icon_smile.gif

cakerygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerygirl Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 15

Good Luck! I am sure your roses will turn out great! You always remember the first wedding cake that you make. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 15

Absolutely get those roses done NOW. They are time consuming!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 15

I would have already had those roses done, buttercream made, everything colored, boxes and boards ready to go, etc. Good Luck!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I would have already had those roses done, buttercream made, everything colored, boxes and boards ready to go, etc. Good Luck!

Me too. I'd be frantic if I didn't and it was due day after tomorrow. Roses take me forever.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 15

How much of the cake do you have done already?

That's nice your friend is giving you the opportunity to do your first wedding cake. My 1st one was 30 years ago and I remember it like yesterday! thumbs_up.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 15

Good luck and have fun!

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:43pm
post #10 of 15

How exciting . . . you will do great!

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 15

I remember my first wedding cake (although not that long ago, October 2009). I have never swore so much under my breathe while putting it together and never prayed so hard while delivering it.

It turned out beautiful, so don't let it stress you, enjoy the learning and thank God that you have been blessed with the talent and have such a good heart to do this wonderful thing for a friend.

Wishing you all the best!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:26pm
post #12 of 15

You will do just fine! Keep calm at all times is the way I work, if ever I start to get panicky that is when things go wrong. I am with the others if you haven't made your roses yet, you should get them done without delay.

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:43pm
post #13 of 15

Good luck - you will do fine if you pace yourself! It'll be nice to have one under your belt!! Can't wait for pics!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:44pm
post #14 of 15

Good Luck... I agree with the other... get the roses done ASAP! get that out of the way so you can concentrate on just the baking,coating,fondant, etc....

Make your deadline 2b Friday so even if u r a little late... it's still 1 day more just in case...

I will pray for you...

PS... I am exited for you just thinking about it.... icon_smile.gif

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:54am
post #15 of 15

Its so exciting planning your first wedding cake. my first is due in 4weeks but i have already finished most of the roses. they take a long time so start now. good luck, dont forget the photos!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%