How To Acheive This?

Decorating By QueenJessica Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 7:30pm by PoodleDoodle

QueenJessica Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 4

I'm really interested in making a cake with the "quilted technique" on the sides of the cake. I've seen impression mats, this metal triangle thing (seen on the last Ultimate Cake Off) and special pastry rollers. For those who have done this, what is the best equipment/technique?

3 replies
QueenJessica Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 4


ArtieTs Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

I plan on trying the quilting technique in a week or so and I bought metal diamond cutters that I'm gonna just press into the cake. I hope it works. HTH. Good luck to us both.

PoodleDoodle Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 4

You use the impression mat to apply the pattern to your cake then to get the stitching design use a tracing wheel. You will find them in the sewing section. Make sure the wheel has bumps (for lack of a more descriptive word) around the wheel as opposed to a smooth wheel.

--> please forgive my typos -- I'm still adjusting to the time change & I'm so sleepy right now!--

Quote by @%username% on %date%