How To... Gumpaste Rose On Cake

Decorating By bettes Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 12:59am by bettes

bettes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettes Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:34am
post #1 of 9

Hello

Anybody know how is it the best way to attach gumpaste roses on the side of a fondant cocered cake??

Hope you can help icon_smile.gif

8 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:43am
post #2 of 9

I like to use royal icing or piping gel to attach flowers to a fondant cake. Royal icing is the strongest of the 2.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:00am
post #3 of 9

I make my gumpaste roses on long toothpicks(club sandwich length) and then just stick them in where ever I want very simple

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 9

Madge, I do the same as you. (Kinda thought I had invented it, but nothing is really new!) It gives me comfort that it won't fall off, plus it easy when forming the flower in the first place.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 9

When you build the roses on the toothpicks, do you do so by just putting the cone base on the toothpick? Also where do you get the longer picks? I need to do this for a cake and I want to do a practice runicon_smile.gif

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 9

Yes, shove the toothpick into the bottom of the cone. I use regular toothpicks. I used a small dab of royal icing in the base of the flower before shoving it into a cake.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 9

I make the cones and put the toothpick into it and make sure its pressed tight against on bottom side of cone then let dry for several days...then start making your roses...I play around with ways to help them to dry in a way I want ie using circle cutters to collar the petals until they are dry enough to remove.....have fun and experiment, thats what I did....because I did not llike the idea of putting wire into cake icon_smile.gif

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:44pm
post #8 of 9

Good idea Madge....where do you get the long toothpicks? Do you have an online source? TIA!!

bettes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettes Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:59am
post #9 of 9

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you very much. Think I will use both toothpich and royal icing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%