Soccer Cookies

Baking By angelatx Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 2:37pm by verono

angelatx Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:46am
post #1 of 13

icon_biggrin.gif hello! so i need some help desperately, pleeeeaase. i have an order for soccer ball cookies that i am making for my hubbys co-worker. i have found some on here but i am curious if anyone has any helpful hints on the pattern or making them. first time making soccer ball cookies. any advice or helpful hints is appreciated!!! thank you so much in advance!!

12 replies
verono Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 13

I'm doing some this week and I'll use my edible printer..
Didn't want to put too much "effort" on them since I'm doing only 24 sport ball (soccer, basketball ans baseball. So, 8 of each)

emilyc262 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 13

When I did them I outlined the pattern with black and then filled in. I found it easiest to size it so I had 1 black 5 sided right in the middle then a circle I'd white 6 sided then 1 more circle with them "falling off" the edge of the cookie. This seemed to give the round look. This probably makes no sense. The picture is in my gallery. Good luck!

angelatx Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 13

Thank you both very much for replying!! have a great day!!! icon_smile.gif

EvMarie Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 13

I tried soccer balls once. They looked like steering wheels to me!!! HA! There are some really cool ones on here though. icon_smile.gif

angelatx Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 13

hehe steering wheels huh? hehe ill post a pic of mine later and we will see what mine look like. maybe a bit scary! hehe

nesweetcake Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #7 of 13

Here is a great suggestion. Autumn Carpenter of Country Kitchens has a cutter with an impression mat for all types of balls, soccer, golf, basketball and football. Make cookies, cut with cutter, bake. Roll out fondant, texture, place on cookie and follow the lines to outline! Easy!!! They are really cute. Hope this helps.

EvMarie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #8 of 13

Well...isn't that fabulous! Autumn Carpenter of Country Kitchens saves the day!!!! No more steering wheel soccer balls for me!

hehehehhe - Cool!

angelatx Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #9 of 13

thats awesome nesweetcake!!! i will order them for sure but just won't get them in time for this weekend. hehehe! at least we have the info. thanks so much!!! :-p

nesweetcake Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:48pm
post #10 of 13

Glad to Help! I did the football ones for my sons football team and even those big ole' boys were impressed!

Lyns082608 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 12:56pm
post #11 of 13

I was just about to reply with the suggestion of the texture cookie sets from CK! They look so neat! They have lots of different ones, too, for weddings, baby showers, etc etc. There's also a way to use them on buttercream, which is cool because a lot of people in my family love sugar cookies with buttercream but I rarely make them that way since its harder to decorate a cookie with BC! (IMO)

angelatx Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:42am
post #12 of 13

well i made my soccer cookies and of all things i forgot to take pics! uggghhh..... hehe. hectic day and completely forgot. they came out ok tho for my first time making them. alot more work than i anticipated. a joy to make tho. thanks for everyone who responded. Have an awesome day!!! icon_smile.gif

verono Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:37pm
post #13 of 13

There's mine :

http://ow.ly/i/Tap

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%