Zipper For Purse Cake !

Decorating By suedefringe Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 12:17am by suedefringe

suedefringe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suedefringe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:38am
post #1 of 10

[size=18]I have searched high and low and I must be blind ! I know there must be help on here somewhere ! (maybe even a video!)for a zipper for
a purse cake. Also, has anyone used Chefmaster Edible Metallic Spray - Silver ? I found it on globalsugar art and was wondering it that would be the easiest way to go instead of brushing silver dust on? Also, do you have a favorite silver to use ?
Thanks for all your help ! You guys Rock !

9 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 10

I just went to my local fabric store and bought a real zipper, lay it flat on a strip of fondant and rolled over it with a roliing pin to get the "zipper teeth" impression on my fondant. I then painted it gold with lustre dust + vodka.
LL

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 10

That's a great idea!

I just used the wavy attachment to that little white Wilton cutter/embosser tool and then painted gold.

I would not use the spray...unless you plan to spray it before you put it on the cake. That aerosol stuff goes everywhere.

suedefringe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:00am
post #4 of 10

yes I heard of the imprint idea before ! Glad to hear it really works! SO, then you just made the pull part yourself , right ?

suedefringe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #5 of 10

ps your cake looks great !

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:17am
post #6 of 10

I also pressed a real zipper into a piece of fondant to get the teeth marks...I modeled the pull by hand.
LL

suedefringe Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:27am
post #7 of 10

flour pots that looks great too ! Is that silver luster dust ? I am trying to figure out what to order ...

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:31am
post #8 of 10

Thanks...

Yes, that's Nu-Silver Luster Dust.

You can see the zipper here before it was dusted: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1557011&sub=1557015

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:13pm
post #9 of 10

Great tip on making a zipper. Thank you for sharing

suedefringe Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 12:17am
post #10 of 10

thanks for all the info, I will have to say i wasnt ready to spend any more money on supplies so i improvised. I rolled out a strip of fondant and then took a plastic spoon and pused the end of the handle side into the fondat, i staggered the pattern, maid a pull and covered it all in silver glaze, which by the bay i do not like using. I need to get some of that luster dust !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%