Urgent!!!! Need Help With Large Window For Cake

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 12:02am by Marianna46

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a 3-D boat which has a large wrap around Window. I have the recipe for Sheet Gelatin, but I can not find Acetate paper ANYWHERE! What else can I use so the gelatin will peel off? Any suggestions or tricks on how to do this easy/smoothly? Thanks a ton!!!

3 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 4

have you tried your local craft store? Stencil blanks are usually made out of acetate. They would be in the stencil section.

edited to add: if you call, ask if they have stencil blanks - your everyday cashier might not know that they are acetate and may tell you no just because they don't know what they are made of.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 4

Try the office supply store, ask for report covers

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

I think the material used for those sheets you can draw on with markers and then put in an overhead (?) projector are made from acetate (at least they're called "acetatos" here in Mexico). Unfortunately, I don't know how food-safe they are, although my decorating teacher has told me I can use them for hand-cut stencils. I'm pretty sure they would hold up to making gelatin sheets. Good luck with your project - it sounds like fun! Hope you find what you're looking for soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%