Bumble Bee Cookies Wedding Favors

Baking By Echooo3 Updated 12 May 2010 , 5:30pm by GeminiRJ

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 20

I have a bride that has asked me to make 100 bumble bee cookies. I have yet to find a pretty design and don't have a clue ask to where to get a cookie cutter.

There are so many talented people here. Can I please get some direction? Pleeeeeeeeeeese????

19 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 20

Fancy Flours has 2 different bumble bee cutters.

This one is just the bee: http://www.fancyflours.com/cookie-cutter-bumblebee.html

This one is a hive and mini bee: http://www.fancyflours.com/cookie-cutter-beehive-and-bee.html

HTH!

Echooo3 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 20

pterrell, thank you for your reply. The first one looks interesting but I cannot "visulize" what it would look like decorated. Is the left side the head and the right side the stinger?

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 20

I so LOVE the first one on Eisskween's list. Just adorable.
They look like fondant, yes/no?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 20

I really don't know. I don't happen to own that cutter. I have a hard time seeing that one, too. I do have the 2nd cutter. I haven't used it yet, but it is super cute.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 20

If you go to the galleries and do a search you'll find about 3 pages of bumble bee cookies.
Click on the search in the dark purple heading. Search for BUMBLE BEE using the cookies filter.
HTH thumbs_up.gif

Echooo3 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:13am
post #8 of 20

Thank you to everyone. I love this website, you are all so talented and amazing. I hope you are all blessed beyond measure and I hope one day to be able to share information to another that is seeking it.

For now, I am the fruit of your labours. Thank you very much.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:29am
post #9 of 20

I sent you a PM, but here's for anyone else who would like the information. I recently took part in a cookie exchange, and one of the decorators did the most adorable bumble bee cookie! She used a heart cutter, turning it so the pointed end is on he right, fat part on the left. The bottom portion of the heart is decorated as the bee's body, with the point being its butt. The top half of the heart is decorated as the wings. Cutest thing ever! Her photos are on flickr.com, and she is A Master Creation.

makeovermomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeovermomma Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:23am
post #10 of 20

GeminiRJ: I love love love the bumble bee cookie design from A Master Creation! I'm just learning the ropes on cookies, and am in love with that bee!

GeminiRJ Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:43am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeovermomma

GeminiRJ: I love love love the bumble bee cookie design from A Master Creation! I'm just learning the ropes on cookies, and am in love with that bee!

It's even better when you see the cookie in person! I love how she even put on a mini-heart....perfect for a wedding favor!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #12 of 20

I did some with the copper cutter from a Martha Stewart set of insect-shaped cookies cutters I bought (wow...10 years ago, discontinued now I think?) but I think similar cutters are out there at www.coppercutters.com and www.kitchengifts.com ? I wanted them to have airy wings, so I did those in a brushed embroidery technique.
LL

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:12am
post #13 of 20

i can't find that bee cookie on flickr; can you please post the link? I'd love to see it. Thanks so much.

Echooo3 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:51am
post #14 of 20

Here is that cookie from A Master Creation. Thank you everyone for your input. I have an idea and I will post when I have completed a sample.
LL

luv2bake6 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:47am
post #15 of 20

Thanks. That's really creative.

Echooo3 Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:50pm
post #16 of 20

We I found a design I liked and did a sample of seven. The picture is in my photos. I couldn't get it to upload here.

I think they turned out cute. She doesn't want faces on them.

[/img]http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1672604

luv2bake6 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:14am
post #17 of 20

They're adorable!!

GeminiRJ Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:51am
post #18 of 20

VERY cute! So bright and cheery!

Echooo3 Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:39pm
post #19 of 20

Thanks.

Do you think they should have an outline?

GeminiRJ Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:30pm
post #20 of 20

I'm usually all for outlining, but I think these look pretty nice as they are! Outlining will add A LOT of time to the project! If you want to give the wings more definition, you could add white sanding sugar while the icing is still wet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%