"contact" On Home Page?

Business By flamingobaker Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 6:39pm by leily

flamingobaker Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 10

I am working on a new website with limited pages. I work out of my home.
Can I put the business e-mail and phone number on the home page instead of having a separate contact page?

9 replies
leah_s Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 10

sure

flamingobaker Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks leah, but just so I'm clear, I should've asked "is it professional?"

prterrell Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #4 of 10

Absolutely. Probably easier for the potential customers, too, as they don't have to do any additional clicking.

JulieMN Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:18am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Absolutely. Probably easier for the potential customers, too, as they don't have to do any additional clicking.

I agree....

sillywabbitz Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 12:24am
post #6 of 10

I would definately put it on the home page. I hate going to websites and having to hunt down the contact info. For a service based business I expect the phone and email on the front page. When I was planning my wedding last year, if the website was the least bit frustrating, I would move on to another vendor. I know it's shallow but if I didn't have my heart set on a vendor, I wasn't going to fuss with a bad website.

All restaurants and bars put their number right on the front page so it's definately not unusual. Good luck with your website.

flamingobaker Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:58am
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone!

Mme_K Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 11:15am
post #8 of 10

I even like to see the location of the business on the home page. It gets really frustrating sometimes trying to figure out whether this vendor is anywhere near you, or not.

costumeczar Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 10

You should put contact information, whether a button to get to the contact page or the phone number written out, on every page!

leily Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 6:39pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

You should put contact information, whether a button to get to the contact page or the phone number written out, on every page!

A lot of businesses I look at have it at the bottom of the page. Their address/phone/fax/email or any other contact information you might need. This is the first place I always look, i scroll to the bottom of the page if it's not easily found at the top or to the left side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%