Blodget Oven

Decorating By SpudCake Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 12:47am by adven68

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 8

I ordered my oven and it is a Blodget. Anyone have one or use one. Just curious how you like it. The one I am getting has high/low/and off for the fan. I am excited about the off feature as I use a convection oven (different brand) at work that the fan doesn't shut off and cakes and brownies usually come out pretty uneven.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

7 replies
cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 5:58am
post #2 of 8

I bought my Blodgett Oven in 1990 and I am still using it today. I LOVE IT!
It is a gas oven. I know oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. I bake my cakes at 300 degrees.....perfect every time. It is a convection oven and the fan stays on all the time while it is baking.

SpudCake Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 8

Cakewhiz, thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear it is a good machine. I noticed tha Duff uses a Blodgett as well.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 8

we've got a double stack blodgett (don't know the year) paid $800 for it and love it to pieces. We have a fan for convection, but we honestly don't use it that often, probably should though.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:53am
post #5 of 8

I have a gas convection Blodgett with high, low fan (no off button for the fan) I bake at 275 with no problems

SpudCake Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 8

It sounds like this will be a great oven. Thanks for the replies.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

SliceCakeStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceCakeStudio Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 8

Mine is Blodgett, too... for those of you operating on lower temps, can you add how long you are baking, and how many pans in oven? I'm shocked at how long cakes take in a convection oven.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 12:47am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by teri1975

Mine is Blodgett, too... for those of you operating on lower temps, can you add how long you are baking, and how many pans in oven? I'm shocked at how long cakes take in a convection oven.

me too!! all I ever heard about commercial convection ovens is how fast they bake everything. Not mine!! I have a Blodgett electric convection oven...it takes just as long as I used to take in me regular little oven at home. I usually keep it on 317 (weird number, I know...) but they cakes come out nicely.....how many pans i put in depends on how big the order is....but I've had 2-9 pans at any given time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%