Cake Pops???

Decorating By slimkim Updated 25 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm by Minstrelmiss

slimkim Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 5

Well I finally tried to make some of those adorable cake pops for my grandsons easter party at school. They were coming out so cute, but then they all pretty much started cracking down the middle. I did put them in the freezer maybe for less than a hour to get them to set up before dipping them, does anyone know why this happened???? Please!!

4 replies
amyfj1 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 5

From what Ive read, they were too cold when you dipped them into the warm chocolat. Freeze them but then I think you let them sit out on the counter maybe 10-15 mins before dipping. Try that and see if it helps. Sorry you had so much trouble.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 5

I used to have the same problem. They don't need to be frozen, just cold. A lot of people use the freezer to get them cold. I keep them in the freezer and then take them out for about 10-15 minutes before I dip - no more cracking!

slimkim Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you very much!!! I just love this website! that's what I figured but I didn't think they were that cold but they must of been.

Minstrelmiss Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 5

When I first did mine I had the same problem.

Now I use a toothpick in my completely frozen truffle so that when I dip them, I can leave a VERY small space around the toothpick uncovered so that the truffle has room to expand. I then stick the toothpick in a sheet of styrofoam until set, pop out the toothpick and cover the hole. I have found that I can get a smoother surface this way too. Happy baking! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%