Convection/kenmore Oven - Opinions

Decorating By hollylikescake Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 10:07pm by Kiddiekakes

hollylikescake Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 2

I am looking at a used kenmore convection oven model #78852. The model was discontinued about a year ago and I can not find more than a one or two sentence review on the thing. Any one have a kenmore convection oven. This one is about two years old and the homeowners are changing all their appliances to stainless. Current owner not really a baker, so I would love to know what one of you guys thinks of this thing. It does have a different setting for convection baking and convection roasting - does that eliminate some of the problems I've heard about.

My current oven is terrible, I can only bake on one rack at a time, and even then nothing more than two 8" rounds.

TIA

1 reply
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 2

I own a Kenmore convection double oven.I use convection bake all the time at 325 because 350 is too high and burns the bottoms of my white cupcake and cakes.I never use the bake function unless I am cooking chicken,roast etc...but not to bake cakes.I like it...The only conplaint is it is a smooth top range ...meaning glass top and I hate it!!It never comes clean and looks dirty all the time and it takes the glass elements forever to heat up..Other than that I do like the oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%