Edible Pictures

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm by msulli10

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 10

Hi. Does anyone know where I can purchase edible pictures for cakes???? I would like to do something for my cousin's 40th birthday. I do know have an edible ink printer to make them myself, but is there a website or something where I can scan a picture, send it in and have them mail it to me? Or I live in New Jersey, maybe there is a store that I can go to??? Thanks...

9 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 10

I would call around the grocery stores or better yet, just go in and talk to the baker. Sometimes they'll sell you one at a reasonable cost if you tell them its for your family.

(One store who won't, that's walmart...but the better stores might give you a shot!)

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 10

If you take your image in to your local grocery they might do it. Our local Albertsons and Sams Club will NOT do it, but Stater Bros. was more than willing to do it for me. $8.

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 10

All the local wal-marts around here will do it as long as it isn't a copyrighted picture.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 2:42am
post #5 of 10

Walmart use to do all sorts of images, but now they recently said they changed, and it can only be a photo image and I was told it was 19.00!!! I had a cake due in a few hrs, and my edilbe printer was low on edible inks...so I could, thought no big deal call walmart...and thats what I was told.

I told the woman it was a cartoon race car and I doctored it on DECO arts...she said nope. I called the local cake shop that is 30mins away...and they said they would but there printer broke and the cost would have been 8.00.

Since Im new to this, Id like to know, I bought my edible inks, I printed an image, my power ranger cake in my photos and then just the tiny images for my Beer mug cake, AND MY INKS WERE DONE!!!! I paid like 70.00 and I was only able to do those two cakes, is THIS RIGHT??? HELP!
LL

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 3:05am
post #6 of 10

Our walmart, and local grocery store does for about $10.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 10:53am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Since Im new to this, Id like to know, I bought my edible inks, I printed an image, my power ranger cake in my photos and then just the tiny images for my Beer mug cake, AND MY INKS WERE DONE!!!! I paid like 70.00 and I was only able to do those two cakes, is THIS RIGHT??? HELP!

What printer do you have? Many printers tell you they are out of ink, but my guess is you have ink cardtridges that have a sponge in it and the sponge soaked all the ink up. You can still use the ink in the sponge until the sponge actually runs out of ink. If you are using a Canon, press and hold the resume key for about 5-10 seconds. You will have to do that for every color that it says it is out of ink for. But it will let you continue to use that ink.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 10

I have a Epson and I bought the cartridges from Kopy kake. I know when I went to check them, and I put my hands in there, my fingers had blue inks...so I was stuck as to why this was happening.

My epson shows the light saying its out.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

(One store who won't, that's walmart...but the better stores might give you a shot!)

My Walmart (I live in NY) did one for me last June, very reasonable at $5.00. The only thing they asked me was if the picture I wanted done was copyrighted or professional portrait.

Toni Ann

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 10

I live in NY and Stop and Shop bakery will do edible images for $5 each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%