Cake Based On A Poem

Decorating By chikadodle Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 2:17am by chikadodle

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

Every few months in my town there is an "Art Walk" featuring local artists. The businesses in town participate by showcasing the art in their shops. Well, this moth's theme is poetry, so I am planning on doing a cake based on the following poem -- and I need help, please!

green birch
green poplar
green ash
white pine

circle the pond in a daze

i'm just one of the tadpoles
wriggling
around
and drinking the water
like creme de menthe

I'm planning on a tiered dummy cake but just have no ideas! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

4 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 5

Have you seen those tiered cakes where the top tier is separated by a post? I've seen a few like that where the top tier is decorated like a tree, the post like the trunk. How about an oval or sheet cake with a pond and a tadpole. Perhaps the tadpole could be sitting in the pond kinda like a jacuzzi, with a little glass of water. Then you could do the separated tier cakes decorated like the trees surrounding the pond.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

I think I would do the cake very literal. Exactly what the poem says, make that. Make the trees around the pond, very wispy looking. And I love Rose_N_Crantz's idea of how to portray the tadpole. It would add so much whimsy to the cake. I love this, can't wait to see it.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 5

what a cute idea!!

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:17am
post #5 of 5

Those are great ideas. I love the tadpole with the drink! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%