Mint Green

Decorating By tattoodmommy1116 Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 4:03pm by Kitagrl

tattoodmommy1116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattoodmommy1116 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a mint chocolate birthday cake tomorrow, so I thought it would be fun if the colors of the cake were mint green and brown. I just got lazy and bought the brown fondant. Any tips on getting my white fondant mint green? This is the first time I'm coloring fondant and I'm not sure how much to use with it. It's gonna be a tiered cake, so I'll be using the 5lb premade rolled fondant to cover it. I already have a variety of colors, so I'm sure I'll have whatever is needed.....being still so new to using fondant, I'm VERY nervous about this one! icon_smile.gif Thanks!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 3

americolor makes a "mint green" gel food color. Just knead any gel color right into the fondant. until it's the color green you're after (keep in mind the color will darken a bit once it sits for 10 min. or so)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 3

Mint green is mostly just a pastel version of regular green...so if you do not have mint on hand, just use tiny bits of regular grass green until you get the right shade. If you have to, you can add just a microscopic amount of lemon yellow as well...but not too much or it will end up lime green.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%