Marble Sheet Cake.

Baking By dacash Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 2:50am by dacash

dacash Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I need help. I have a request for a sheet cake & they would like it marble. I have no idea/recipes for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are all always so helpful so I'd like to say thanks in advance.

5 replies
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:29am
post #2 of 6

To make a marble cake, you hold back a small amount of the vanilla cake batter and add chocolate or cocoa powder to it and then drop it into the cake batter in the pan in small blobs all over. Then take a butter knife and swirl through the batter to distribute the chocolate batter, but not mix it completely together.

dacash Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:32am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much prterrell!! Sounds simple enough!!

leily Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 6

or you can also make up a white cake and chocolate cake (or any other two flavors) and drop in the pan and swirl like mentioned above. I find my customers prefer this as my chocolate cake has more chocolate flavor instead of just adding chocolate to my white cake batter.

sambugjoebear Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 6

I add Hershey's chocolate syrup to a small amount of vanilla/yellow cake batter then swirl in with a knife. It does take quite a bit of syrup though but it tastes yummy icon_smile.gif

dacash Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 6

Thanks Leily & Samantha!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%