Fondant Babies!

Decorating By stephie_loves_u Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 5:24pm by stephie_loves_u

stephie_loves_u Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #1 of 8

i've been enlisted to make the cake for my best friends baby shower, and i was just curious how everyone makes these lovely fondant babies. i just can't seem to get it right!

7 replies
Yane Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:12am
post #2 of 8

You need a mold from first impressions to make them. Once is made just paint it!

cownsj Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:14am
post #3 of 8

They are made using a silicone mold. There are several different styles. Here is the most popular you're probably seeing: http://www.firstimpressionsmolds.com/b220baby1212x112x34.aspx

letsgetcaking Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:15am
post #4 of 8

I'm not sure which babies you are referring to, but the ones I've seen I'm pretty sure the decorators used a mold to make their babies. They are very cute. Here's a link to the mold:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=22031&name=Small%20Baby%201%20Mold%20by%20First%20Impressions

judcreations Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 10:21am
post #5 of 8

Yes the mold gives a neat & perfect baby, but u can also try molding the same by hand. Like make a round ball of sugarpste, add the facial features a neatly as you can, then the body part, hands etc. I hope I am making sense.

You can try checking the Sugarlane dot com (the dot is spelled so that the site name is not blocked). u can also find a video on how to make figures in youtube.

judcreations Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 10:57am
post #6 of 8

Check the youtube. There is a video there. just put how to make a baby in gumpaste & you will find this video, plus plenty of others.

Linliv46 Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie_loves_u

i've been enlisted to make the cake for my best friends baby shower, and i was just curious how everyone makes these lovely fondant babies. i just can't seem to get it right!

I just this week tried the fondant baby and I tried several places before I found the first impression mold in stock--it is soo easy and fun too make! Here is another place that has a different baby -www.creationsbyedith.com-not silicone but its not difficult to get out & its about the same size. Haven't decided which one I am going to use yet! Hope this helps you!

stephie_loves_u Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 8

thanks to everyone for all your help! hopefully i can get it right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%