That Really Big Wilton 3D Cupcake Pan....

Decorating By jenmat Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 1:39pm by alvarezmom

jenmat Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 6

Have you used it? Does it burn easily?
I am not trusting of many Wilton products, (like, I won't use their doll pan because it burns too easily, even with my commercial oven.) but I have a bride who wants all small cupcakes and a matching big one for the head table, made with this pan.
I am just worried it will burn on the outside before it cooks on the inside.
TIA!

5 replies
goodiegoddess Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:42am
post #2 of 6

I have used it many times and never had an issue. I usually make sure it is right in the middle of the oven.

Hope this helps. All you can do is try different recipes.

taliascott Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:46am
post #3 of 6

I have used it also and had no problems with it! Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Mrs-A Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 2:48am
post #4 of 6

ive used mine about 3 times with no issues... the top half of the cake does cook quicker (well it is thinner of course) and ive baked them seperately and at the same time and the cake didnt burn for me and still taste yummy

the first time i made it i stood back and thought 'i thought it would be bigger' but it fed my office of about 18 with no worries

jenmat Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 6

thanks so much for the feedback! That helps a lot.

alvarezmom Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 6

I've used mine several times. The smaller half does cook quicker. The top of the larger burns a bit but I almost always cut the top off.

As Mrs-A stated it does look small, but I guess because of the height it feeds about 20-25. I know that because I had one for my bday party and I had about 25 ppl there and every got a piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%