Here they come, all those little extra costs for starting up a business...lol

Joanne usaribbon.gif

5 replies
littlecake Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:12am
post #2 of 6

do tell......

SpudCake Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 6

Hmmm....first the oven that doesn't come with the gas line hose. The three compartment sink that doesn't come with the faucet....and on and on...lol

Joanne usaribbon.gif

jillmakescakes Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:58am
post #4 of 6

(who wants to see how fast Debi jumps on this one!)

I just had to get a new mop bucket 'cause my intern broke my old one. not even 1 1/2 years old.

one of my most unexpected expenses was for the constant reprinting of business cards and flyers. I mean, I knew I'd have an expense, but I burned through 3 thousand in a year!!!!

indydebi Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #5 of 6

Yes, Jill, I absolutely was going to ask if she'd bought her bucket yet! icon_lol.gif

The "parts need parts" thing is why I was SO glad I had a kitchen designer handle all of that. In doing the research and looking thru the equipment catalogs, I felt that I wasn't smart enough to buy it on my own! icon_lol.gif I felt like Lucy Ricardo when she got hoodwinked into buying that vacuum sweeper part by part! aaauuuggghhhh!!

The commercial soaps ... I hated it when I had to buy the commercial soaps for the auto-dispensing equipment on my sink and dishwasher. They lasted a LONG time so the cost-per-day was almost insignificant, but the cost-per-case was pretty up there.

Grease trap ... not included in the orig kitchen design plan/budget.
Fire extinguishers ... not included in the orig kitchen design plan/budget.

(Jill ... have you called Pat yet on your cards/brochures?)

jillmakescakes Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 6

I knew Debi would just in for us!

Yes, the cleaning chemicals were one of the few things I couldn't buy used, and believe me, it added up quick. So did paper products (can't bring TP from home forever icon_lol.gif

For those who are curious, Pat is a marketing guy that Debi has used and found resourceful. I haven't touched base with him yet as the reaction I've gotten from my flyers/brochurest that I've created on my own has been well received. We are going to review our budget in the summer again to see how many more advertising dollars we have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%