Poor Easter Bunny...

Decorating By sweethaven09 Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 9:01pm by KHalstead

sweethaven09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweethaven09 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 3

Hi friends, I have a dilemma. My family has requested for me to make the easter bunny whose been run over by a car, but I have no idea how to construct something like this. Usually I do more traditional cakes, so I'm a little out of my element. The cake should feed about 30 people, I would like it to look similar to Nikra's sheep cake   http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1565115.html), but obviously like a bunny. I need some help on how to go about doing this cake. Would it be better to bake from round pans and carve, or I was thinking about using the Wilton snowman pan and build around it.How should I construct it? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 3

I'm no expert but the 1st thing that came to my mind was having 2 parts of the bunny with flat fondant with tire marks in the center. Kind take that sheep and cut it in 1/2 and add tire marks to the center of it. I hope that helps.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 3

I would say get a photo of a "flattened bunny" and make a sheet cake and just carve the outline and decorate it as a flat piece! You wouldn't want a carved 3 dimensional cake if it's meant to be flattened right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%