Life Span Of Sleeve Fillings

Decorating By j_arney Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm by TexasSugar

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 8

I've purchased a few of the sleeve fillings, and I didn't use the whole thing either time. I put the leftovers in an airtight container and they are sitting on my counter. But I'm wondering if that's okay to do (before I go and use the leftovers). They don't seem to have a brand name, so I don't know where to check. One is strawberry and the other is raspberry. I imagine they're non-dairy, so I didn't refrigerate them, but I'm wondering if I should have. Any advice? How long do they keep??

7 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, you probably have the same one that DH loves. It's the bavarian cream, but they have other flavors and I have tried some of them. I usually put them in the refrigerator after I open them (even the fruit ones), but I don't think you have to.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 8

the sleeve fillings keep in the refrigerator just this side of 'forever'. You'll use it up LONG before it ever goes bad.

j_arney Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 8

Shoot! So you all think they should be refrigerated? Mine are just sitting on my counter in a tupperware. Do you think I should pitch them?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 8

i always put my left over sleeve fillings in an air tight container and put in frig. go ahead and put yours now in the frig. hth

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 8

How long have they been on the counter since you opened them?

j_arney Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 8

One has been there about a month, and the other has been 2 weeks. This is why I'm asking before using them - I really wasn't sure if that was the right way to store them.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

Personally on the one that's been there a month, I'd toss it myself. The two week one, is iffy to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%