My Son Thinks I Went Soft On Ya In The Magazine!

Decorating By indydebi Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 12:46am by Peridot

indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 9:18am
post #1 of 8

He saw the Cake Central article for the first time today and told me, "This isnt' you, mom. You need to be hard! Tell 'em like it is! Be the Debi they've all come to know!" (He's read some of my CC posts!)

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere! icon_lol.gif

(He WAS pretty impressed that his mom got in there, though!) icon_rolleyes.gif

7 replies
miss_sweetstory Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:34am
post #2 of 8

I thought it was very informative and enjoyed it. However, he has a point in that it didn't have the, "put your big girl panties" attitude we know and love.

I do want you to know that my husband was a bit aghast that I spent $20 to get it (mag cost plus shipping), but when he saw that Indydebi was in it, he said it was worth every dime. I agree.

dalis4joe Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:50am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

He saw the Cake Central article for the first time today and told me, "This isnt' you, mom. You need to be hard! Tell 'em like it is! Be the Debi they've all come to know!" (He's read some of my CC posts!)

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere! icon_lol.gif

(He WAS pretty impressed that his mom got in there, though!) icon_rolleyes.gif

Debi....there are tons of compliments about you here at CC!! and I don't think u should've lol.... that "raw", "tell'it like it is attitude" that He is talking about.... you have to tell him that it's reserve for the forums and theforums alone hehehe... it's an honor to be mentored by you... so we can't be publishing that in CC MAG hehehe...

Hey don't forget that the mag will be saved by many... viewed for years to come and we don't want anyone the read it and think what it's not....
I lovedddd your article! and I have 2 copies.... one is sealed for my daughterwhen she grows up, she can see all the masters her mami always admired!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

BTW: I thought the mag. was going to be like flimsy cheapy cheapy one.... I was pleasently surprised... the pages...paper quality... photography... so proffsnl and worth every penny!

gourmetsharon Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:55am
post #4 of 8

You're just pacing yourself! Gotta break people in slowly.

You ARE a celebrity!

adven68 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:52am
post #5 of 8

It's a beautiful magazine and you made it more beautiful!

You don't want to scare anyone away now, do you? icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

You don't want to scare anyone away now, do you? icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gif that's what I told him!

JulieMN Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:32am
post #7 of 8

I was so excited to see that you were in the first issue...have learned a lot from you by readng your responses to so many others on here. Thanks!

Peridot Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 12:46am
post #8 of 8

There's a time and a place for everything!

We love your go gett'um style but it might not be appreciated by the general public who don't know you like we do. And salis4joe is right, the magazine will be saved and be around for many years and you would want to be proud of what you contributed to the magazine forever.

We love you Indy stay the way you are here on CC and continue to tell it like it is.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%