Fondant Without A Microwave?

Baking By Battenburg Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 2:39am by Battenburg

Battenburg Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:21am
post #1 of 5

I have a splendid (but simple) idea for some Easter cupcakes and some MMF confetti dotting them, but no microwave to melt the marshmallows! Would heating it on the stove or 'tempering' it be effective? I only need a small batch, and while I'm good at improvising, this really takes the cake for a puzzler! icon_smile.gif So if ye could help, I would take it kindly.

4 replies
manahigh Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:25am
post #2 of 5

I think you can melt them in a double boiler. Or use Michele Foster's Fondant recipe. Its made with geletin, milk, glycerin, corn syrup etc in place of marshmellows. I like the flavor better than mmf. You can find the recipe on here.

shelly-101 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:29am
post #3 of 5

I had this problem this last weekend my microwave blew up and i could not find one the right size in town anywere so i ended up melting them on the stove with a double boiler if you don't have one jest use two pans stacked on one another. hope this helps

mamawrobin Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:31am
post #4 of 5

you can use marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows and water. I do it all the time. There is a receipe on this site for MMF using the marshmallow fluff. I like it because it's a lot easier and less messy icon_smile.gif

Battenburg Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:39am
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys! icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll go with the double-boiler method so I know how much it makes. It's a lot more familiar to me than using a jar of fluff. I hope we get a microwave soon though, because the lack of convenience drives me nuts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%