Dowels And Wires

Decorating By cakemakerkevin Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 2:26am by cakemakerkevin

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #1 of 3

ok so i have been reading on here all the BAD things about wires not to use in cake without covering in a straw or dipped in chocolate..that they are not F.D A. approved.. have an oil substance when they machine them out.ect ect ..My question is when they make the dowels they run them thru a machine with high speed knives (that uses oil to lubricate) and cut to length. pakaged up then sent to the store .. where are they sanitized? Are they truely F.D.A. approved .? Maybe im missing something here or opening a can of worms.. Either way i still use the SPS system.... icon_confused.gif

2 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 3

Cracking me up!

I don't know if you're opening a can of worms or not. I was at recent cake show; one of my favorites, btw. Someone was selling new supports. Liked the idea of them, so much easier to use. Her sales pitch to me, was the wood dowels are made with trees grown with pesticides.

The thing is her dowels are still normal plastic, a petroleum based product. Didn't have the heart to tell her that fact.

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 3

lol... sales people will just about sell ice to an eskimo if they can have a great sales pitch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%